At Canyons Law Group, we strive to provide the best advice and counsel with the utmost compassion and professionalism. Many people agree to act as executor or trustee without really knowing what that means. When the day arrives, however, they feel incapable and overwhelmed during times of grief. We will help our clients see that they are up to the task and that it’s not nearly as difficult as it may seem.
We will help you to both clearly see the big picture and zoom in on all the fine details. We can map out a clear path that is easy to follow and then guide you through each step as you go.
We work hard to make sure the process is smooth and easy for you to understand. Estate administration always comes during a time of grief. We know this well as we’ve experienced it in our own personal lives. We strive to provide the utmost compassion and support to our clients in all that we do at Canyons Law Group.
How We Can Help with Estate Administration
In some cases, estate administrations are required to go through a Utah probate court. This is a court process required by Utah law in certain cases. During the probate process, the estate’s outstanding debts (if any) are paid after which assets may be distributed to the beneficiaries.
In general, people hope to avoid the process because the estate assets are frozen during the process, which can often be lengthy and costly. We work closely with you during this time to make the process as quick and easy as possible. Our attorneys can assist with:
- management and/or guidance over all of the trustee or personal representative’s legal responsibilities;
- document preparation and formal filings with probate court;
- compliance with life insurance policies;collecting documentation and information relating assets/titles and outstanding bills, debts, and medical liabilities;
- quick and responsive help with urgent matters such as child custody, small business management concerns, and securing the home/personal property;
- cancelling/deferring upcoming mortgage payments;
- transparent accounting for debt payments, sale of asset(s), disbursements, and any other concern relating to the estate’s finances with continuing updates for beneficiaries;
- securing the decedent’s mail and deliveries and updating forwarding addresses;
- assistance with pension matters and Social Security; and
- ongoing trust administration.
There are quite a few minute details that must be strictly followed according to Utah law during the administration of an estate. Often, there are time-sensitive deadlines that must be met. It is a lot to manage, especially during a time of loss.
Canyons Law Group can help manage many of these mundane burdens for you, helping you to quickly jump through all legal hoops and allowing you more bandwidth to navigate difficult emotional times. We are here to provide you with the best legal services from start to finish.
Contact Us for Estate Administration and Probate Help
Please contact Canyons Law Group for more information regarding probate and trust/estate administration needs. We have offices in Salt Lake City and Layton and are available for virtual meetings. Please contact one of our Utah probate attorneys to schedule a free consultation today.
Call Canyons Law Group for smart and professional guidance through the estate administration and probate processes.